Monday, May 22, 2017

Blooming in the rocks


This is me today..... a little prickly, but still blooming in full color amidst the rocks and hard places.  When I chose 'surrender' as my word for this year God really knew what He was doing in prompting me in that direction.  I am facing surrender in so many areas, and they just keep coming!

Over the last few weeks I have been on a roller coaster of emotion and adventure. I am phasing out of a home business that I worked hard at for 3 years.  I threw myself into a ministry job that seemed a perfect fit - my training, my skill set and my passion all came together in that job. Yet just as we are getting started it is coming to an end because of lack of funding. 

The 'job' that was to be my side venture, a way to help people with their health, home care and extra income has now become my 'main thing'.  A total mind shift and back to setting my own hours and running a business.  When you turn 60 and live in a small town the employment options are not particularly abundant. 

As I walked this morning and prayed and thought about all of these things, thinking how life doesn't look anything like I imagined it would look at age 60,  I immediately shifted my thinking when I saw this sturdy thistle in the road.  That is me!  All around me things seem harsh, hard and packed with obstacles.  Yet I keep reaching up, and blooming. 

Counting my blessings:

*a home to live in, and food to eat
*family that I love, and most of them nearby
*good health and the means to maintain it
*a faith that is strong and a God who provides through all of it

I know there is someone reading this that is in a far greater 'hard place' than I am.  I am looking for you. I am ready to join arms with you and help you.  In helping you, I grow stronger in my surrender.  

This is the mission of my company:

To enhance the lives of those we touch by helping people reach their goals.

My mission:

To help others, one friend at a time, to be the healthiest, happiest and most generous
"you" possible.  

No matter your age, each day is a gift of time that you choose how to spend.  I'm going to keep pushing through those hard rocks, and continue to bloom.  Just like the thistle- I may be having a little prickly exterior right now, but that beautiful bloom at the top is a sign of growth.   

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you",  says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." NLT

I surrender..........

What is your more?     (Click the link)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lent - What does it mean for me?

  It seems like I just finished writing the Christmas posts, and now we are on Ash Wednesday. "Isn't that only for Catholics?"...