Friday, September 15, 2017

Communicating Freedom

About 3 years ago I was in a bit of a funk and searching.....didn't really know what direction I would take as I finished out my 50s, and struggling to determine my purpose for my later years in life. I did a study in a wonderful book "Discovering Your Divine Assignment" by Robin Chaddock. Through the course of that study I determined that my purpose is to communicate freedom. Now the more you ponder that, it can take on many facets. For me it manifests itself in my spiritual life, my business life and my personal self expression. I finally felt free to do and say things that I should have embraced much sooner in my life.

Communicating freedom, for me, comes in many forms. I lead classes at the Christian Women's Job Corps, where we teach job and life skills and empower women to discover and improve their lives in many ways. I also run my own business, focused on helping others. Through health and wellness and a non mlm (multi level marketing) business model I lead a team of people just like me. We have needs, bills, and dreams for life and we work together to achieve them. We range in age from 20's to mid 60's and all have found our place. 


I love this image! For so many years I stayed in my own fishbowl. Going along with what was expected of me, or trying to blend in, in order to please others. Taking the leap is scary! We might land on the outside, gasping for breath until a kind soul places us back in our bowl. Or we just might land it that shiny new bowl - with new views and endless possibilities. When I took the leap it was with abandon. Now as I explore each new fishbowl it becomes easier and easier to leap to the next. I hope to communicate that freedom to you as well. Step out and try something new, or something that you have always wanted to do.Take a chance on things that others tell you "you can't do that!' and prove them wrong. As long as you are breathing it is never too late to make a change. My purpose is to communicate freedom ~ what is yours?


Your first step to freedom   ←←Take a look.


For you have been called to live in freedom, my brothers and sisters. But don't use your freedom to satisfy your sinful nature. Instead, use your freedom to serve one another in love. Gal. 5:13 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lent - What does it mean for me?

  It seems like I just finished writing the Christmas posts, and now we are on Ash Wednesday. "Isn't that only for Catholics?"...