Monday, July 6, 2015

More comfort food...... pie!


I had planned to make this peach pie for the 4th of July, but after visiting the Fredericksburg fruit stand my peaches weren't quite ripe, so they spent a couple of days in a brown sack. But today the house is filled with the aroma of my Grandma Davis' Peaches and Cream Pie. Fredericksburg peaches are wonderful on their own, but I have to make at least one pie with this recipe each season.  Wish my sister Judy was here to enjoy a slice with me.

Anna Davis' Peaches and Cream Pie

9" unbaked pastry shell     Preheat oven to 400 degrees

1 cup sugar
5 Tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
3 cups (I used 4!) fresh sliced peaches
1 cup heavy whipping cream

Combine sugar, cornstarch, salt and nutmeg.  Mix carefully into peaches.  Pour cream over all and mix carefully again until coated.

Bake 35-45 minutes until center no longer jiggles.  Cover edges of crust if they brown too fast.

Best of all..... enjoy warm or cold!!
Anna Davis  Grant, Iowa via my mom  Billie Davis Koplin  both resting in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lent - What does it mean for me?

  It seems like I just finished writing the Christmas posts, and now we are on Ash Wednesday. "Isn't that only for Catholics?"...