Friday, January 6, 2023

12 Days of Christmas - Keep Pondering!

Here we are to January 6. Many names for this day: Epiphany, Three Kings Day, Theophany, Baptism of Jesus, Little Christmas, and more. We could spend weeks exploring the history of this day.

For me, it is the end of this Christmas season. I have pondered so much, and I pray I caused you to stretch your mind a bit. At the beginning of this season, I posted a picture of a new knit project I was working on. It was a Twelve Days of Knitmas Mystery Knit-a-long.  The last clue was released today. I mostly stayed up with the project, completing each section as the daily clues were revealed.  I am just a bit behind, but I expect to finish it this evening or tomorrow. Mystery knit projects are fun if you don't mind not knowing the outcome! I did know that the finished item would be a cowl, and I had guidelines on the types of yarn to choose from.  I made mine completely from stash yarn, so it is truly a sampler of colors.  Probably not a designer's choice, but bits and bobs of leftover yarns bring me joy. I remember the original items that were made, and my finished cowl will coordinate with some of those sweaters.

These twelve days since Christmas have given me a chance to catch my breath and reflect on the last few months' events and pause before jumping fully into the new year. Epiphany and the remembrance of the visit from the wise men are our jumping-off points for Jesus coming into our lives.  Another definition of epiphany is an intuitive grasp of reality through something (such as an event) usually simple and striking. An illuminating discovery, realization, or disclosure. 

As you go forward into 2023, may it be filled with discoveries and a new desire to form a deeper relationship with Jesus. Just like with my knitmas project, each day is a mystery waiting to unfold. Every element of every day is a piece of your puzzle. Some may be more enjoyable than others, and some may not seem to fit at all. Embrace the mystery.

Thank you for journeying along with my musings this Advent and Christmastide. I plan to dig in and write again for Lent. As always, I write for myself but I enjoy sharing.

Challenge: Today, reflect on when you first met Jesus. How did it feel? How did it change you? Keep pondering and seeking, keep asking questions, and try new things. Pause today to give God a 'gift' - to thank Him for all He is. The greatest gift is your heart.

Prayer: Thank you, Lord, for the ways you bless me. Help me keep seeking the mysteries found in a life with You. Please accept the gift of my love and faithful heart. May I never forget that You are the greatest gift I have ever received.  In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.



Mystery knit project, I still need to finish three sections and block. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Lent - What does it mean for me?

  It seems like I just finished writing the Christmas posts, and now we are on Ash Wednesday. "Isn't that only for Catholics?"...