Thursday, December 24, 2015

Why Jesus?

I wrote these words back in November at the beginning of this advent season:

So why Jesus?  Why revisit this ancient story and all of the promise of a better life? For me, because that is exactly what I need!  A sense of hope that there is something way bigger than cancer, divorce and horrid terror killings.  A realization that the God I put my trust in, and decided to follow back in 1971 at a revival on my knees, is the same God that gives hope to a world in despair. 

I pray my writings this year will spark a little bit of wonder in your life too.  That you will look deeper than the sparkle and hype of the Christmas season and look at the real reason, and maybe we all can have an answer come December 24 of "why Jesus" is the real solution we are seeking.

I don't know if any of you have a better answer to "why Jesus", but I know it has helped me to focus on something, and someone, outside of myself these last few weeks.  My prayer as I wrote each day, and today, is that you have found some peace for your soul.  That when you ask "why Jesus" or "why, Jesus!?" God will provide just what you need.

Today I will finish preparations for a time with my small family.  I will miss my large extended family.  I will cook, I will clean and I will attend worship.  I will sit quietly in this chair and have a moment with God and pray for those that will seek Him today.  May YOUR day be blessed by God no matter what it looks like for you.  Gather with others and praise his name on this CHRISTmas. Keep asking "why Jesus" and He will show you.








From my home to yours.......blessings on this day and always.  If you have awakened a new curiosity, and have a longing to learn more about God and Jesus, I would love to hear from you.    Merry Christmas~  Connie

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Connie. Thank you for your ministry. I have been touched, blessed and uplifted. I am truly grateful for your dedication to spread the gospel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Connie. Thank you for your ministry. I have been touched, blessed and uplifted. I am truly grateful for your dedication to spread the gospel.

    ReplyDelete

Lent - What does it mean for me?

  It seems like I just finished writing the Christmas posts, and now we are on Ash Wednesday. "Isn't that only for Catholics?"...