Friday, November 4, 2016

Be a Blessing!

When I started working with Jamberry (Direct Sales, hand and nail care products) I was impressed with the corporate office and how very generous they are.  We often have specialty wraps where a portion of sales goes to various charities. We have given to the Autism Society, Canada Fire Relief, Nepal Earthquake, the Now I Can foundation, the American Heart Association and Breast Cancer causes.  Last year at our annual conference Jamberry announced going a step further and devloping our Brand Values then living and working in those values.  There are so many Direct Sales companies, and I have worked for several. None have compared in the way they 'give back' like Jamberry. 

Since my second month of selling, over 2 1/2 years ago, I have done a fundraiser each month where I donate my commission as a way of giving back.  It is just something I personally chose to do and continue to do.  I have done fundraisers for things like family medical bills for a child with cancer, animal rescue, substance abuse awareness, preemie birth expenses, and women's shelter help.  For the month of November I decided to do something a little different.  I wanted to involved my granddaughters, so I am gathering sponsors for Blessing Bags.  Rather than purchase Jamberry products and a portion go to the cause, I'm simply asking for donations of $25 to sponsor a Blessing Bag.  The recipients of the bags will be the Alzheimer's & Dementia resident patients of Morning Star Memory Care here in my home town.  I spoke with the staff and they suggested things like word search books, pencils, simple puzzles, large print playing cards, tissues, etc.  As my portion I will also put in our Nourish hand lotion. It is great for men or women and that is my contribution to the bag.  By sponsoring a bag you can help me fill them up with lots of goodies to bless those residents.  My granddaughters will help fill the bags and also help me deliver them.  Should I gather enough sponsors my next plan is to take bags to another dementia unit at a local nursing home.  I chose this group of people because for the last few years of my mom's life she suffered from Parkinson's related dementia.  Though she didn't live here, she was a resident of a wonderful care facility and I know that small gestures and gifts like these made all the difference to her and the other residents.

I plan to deliver these bags before Thanksgiving, so I would like my sponsors to 'give' by November 15.  If you are local to Fredericksburg and would like to write a small note to include in a bag I would love that too!  I will update with pictures and the progress of my Blessing Bag project. If you aren't interested, please pass along to someone who may want to help.

To sponsor a Blessing Bag (or two!) you can send via PayPal, friends and family to koplin57@gmail.com  Make a notation: Blessing Bag and your name so I can thank you!

To arrange other payment options please email me at that same address listed with Blessing Bag in the subject line.



Why I work for Jamberry:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lent - What does it mean for me?

  It seems like I just finished writing the Christmas posts, and now we are on Ash Wednesday. "Isn't that only for Catholics?"...