Monday, March 28, 2016

A mother's love letter

Almost 29 years ago a 19 year old young woman that I don't know, who lived a life far removed from anything I can imagine, cried ~ was desperate ~ felt alone and made a decision.

She chose life.

28 years ago today, March 28, 1988, our phone rang and we heard these words "It's a girl! She is yours!"

A new life!


A few days later we welcomed you to your new home, and a few months later we went before a judge and you had your forever home.  "We gotcha!!"

We celebrated life.

You grew, we laughed, you danced.......love.



Choosing life.

A bit over 7 years ago you gave me the honor of laboring with you and being present to experience birth like I never had the chance in my own life to do. To see you struggle, to stroke your hair and to welcome that precious child and watch her be placed in your arms:   Chloe Grace..... a mini you!

                    
            Chelsea - 4         Chloe - 4


             

                                 
                                                                                                                                            

You chose life.

We have navigated through the years with laughter, tears, struggles and fears....... the world of mental health and invisible illness that many in society, and some of those closest to us, never fully understand. People talk of a mother's love, and I know what that is. Powerful, intense, heart wrenching and deep.  Not born from my body, but my child in every way. From extravagant highs to excruciating lows yet all of it with love.

We continue to choose life.

Our circle grew. Though I wasn't present at her birth almost 4 years ago, my love grew with our feisty Ryleigh Jayne.  




Continuing to choose life.

28 years ago when you were born,  a young woman that I don't know chose life, my heart had a spot filled that God knew was just for you.  I thank God every day for her and for you. May you continue to choose life in all that you do, may you grow in the realization that I love you more than you know, yet God loves you even more than that.  

Happy Birthday Chelsea Lee........ I love you infinity and beyond!




                                                    2016 - Chelsea's 28th birthday

Psalm 139:13-17 You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous - how well I know. You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day passed. How precious are your thoughts about me,  O God. They cannot be numbered!    NLT

Proverbs 22:6 Direct your children onto the right path, and when they are older, they will not leave it.  NLT





No comments:

Post a Comment

Lent - What does it mean for me?

  It seems like I just finished writing the Christmas posts, and now we are on Ash Wednesday. "Isn't that only for Catholics?"...