Thursday, March 24, 2016

What is in your 'garden'?

What is growing in the garden of your life right now?  Loneliness ~ debt ~ chronic illness ~ invisible illness ~ abuse ~ family dysfunction ~ hopelessness ~ anger ~ doubt ~ lack of forgiveness ~ dashed hopes ~ "too much, no happiness" ~ sadness? What do you beg God to take from you?  Jesus went to the garden and asked too - but he also took what came and relied on his Father to get him through it.

Imagine Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane. He knew what what was coming.  Yet he went. For us.  Sometimes life overwhelms us and no one knows.  We put on a good face for everyone while slowly dying inside.  Today churches and places of worship all over the country will have services reflecting on the agony of Jesus in the Garden.  A time to really grasp the hope that is in God.  The real reason Jesus came.  Take time to examine your heart, to understand the hope that is offered in a walk with God.  Will it be easy? No. Nothing about what Jesus did, and does, is easy.  That is why I find such strength and comfort in my relationship with God.  I can turn there when all else fails me.  

Go to the garden today - find a church service and make that step.  Go listen to what Jesus did FOR YOU!


Mark 14:32-46 They went to the olive grove called Gethsemane, and Jesus said, "Sit here while I go and pray." He took Peter, James and John with him, and he became deeply troubled and distressed. He told them, "My soul is crushed with grief to the point of death. Stay here and keep watch with me." He went on a little further and fell to the ground. He prayed that , if it were possible, the awful hour awaiting him might pass him by. "Abba, Father," he cried out, "everything is possible for you. Please take this cup of suffering away from me. Yet I want your will to be done, not mine." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lent - What does it mean for me?

  It seems like I just finished writing the Christmas posts, and now we are on Ash Wednesday. "Isn't that only for Catholics?"...